Preparations for the 2013 Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival are well underway, and it looks like the 20th installment of this annual event will be better than ever! Presented by HGTV, the festival will run Mar. 6 – May 19, 2013 at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Along with the beautiful blossoms around every corner of the park, guests will find several “firsts” at next year’s Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Festival-themed flavors: Spread throughout the World Showcase promenade, discover culinary creations and refreshing libations at themed food and beverage locations. Menu items will have backyard barbecue, garden-inspired, and global tastes.
- Land of Oz Play Area: This interactive new children’s play zone on the Imagination walkway will feature giant play systems, Midway-style games, an “Oz Movie Garden” of intriguing plants, and photo opportunities. Capturing the spirit of the upcoming “Oz: The Great and Powerful” movie, the play area will be a perfect place for your kids to burn some of that extra energy!
- Fab Five topiary barbecue: This year’s front entrance display will be full of “character” when the Fab Five host an Anniversary barbecue! A 14-foot-tall topiary Goofy will bobble an anniversary cake while Donald and Daisy play badminton, Mickey fires up the grill, Pluto swipes a link of hot dogs and Minnie chills out on a colorful blanket of blossoms. The pure artistry of Disney’s topiary experts will amaze you!
- Illuminated Gardens: Every night when the sun sets, many of the festival’s topiaries and gardens will twinkle and shine in a whole new light. The colorful glow of Illuminated Gardens will be something you don’t want to miss!
But that’s just the beginning! Throughout the 75-day festival, guests will also enjoy presentations by HGTV celebrity designers, interactive gardening seminars, more than 100 topiaries including new designs like Mike and Sully from the hit Disney-Pixar film Monsters, Inc., and a butterfly house hosted by the fairies of Pixie Hollow.
And on weekends, Epcot® will feature some of the top Flower Power rockers of the 60s and 70s. This year’s Flower Power Concert Series schedule includes:
- Mar. 8-10 – Micky Dolenz
- Mar. 15-17 – Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
- Mar. 22-24 – The Guess Who
- Mar. 29-31 – Nelson
- Apr. 5-7 – The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie
- Apr. 12-14 – Paul Revere & the Raiders
- Apr. 19-21 – The Village People
- Apr. 26-28 – The Orchestra, Featuring Former Members of ELO and ELO II
- May 3-5 – Tommy Roe
- May 10-12 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- May 17-19 – Starship starring Mickey Thomas
Contact your Magic Maker® now to start planning your trip during the 2013 Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival.