Adventures by Disney FAQ
Adventures by Disney FAQ
Have a question about Adventures by Disney? Check below! Click on any question below for an answer.
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- Local experts
- Scheduled meals, activities, and entertainment*
- Luggage service
- Transportation within the adventure*
- Airport transfers during the adventure (where applicable) - transfers are only available from the specified arrival and departure airport/train station for each departure*
- Gratuities for porters, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers, local experts, and dining room staff for meals included in the adventure
- Taxes, including airport departure taxes (where applicable)
- Transportation between Guest residence and the departing home airport
- Round-trip air transportation between home airport and vacation destination
- Arrival/departure transfers to/from airports and hotels, train stations, or other locations not specifically described for each departure*
- Meals, activities and transportation not specifically set forth in the applicable itinerary
- Gratuities for Adventure Guides Customs and immigration fees
- Passport and visa fees
- Travel protection insurance
- Excess baggage fees
- Laundry, telephone, alcohol (unless noted as included), and all other items of a personal nature
An extra night can be reserved either before or after most adventures at the first and last hotel included in the adventure, subject to availability. If available, this allows Guests to stay in the same room. For early arrivals or extended stays purchased through Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc., a transfer from/to the specified airports for the adventure will be provided; however, transfers are provided only for extended stays purchased though Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. Please refer to the destination-specific FAQs for more information and exact availability on an adventure’s departure date. Special rates for these additional nights are subject to availability and are only available if booked through Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc., in conjunction with a land package and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Yes. U.S. citizens need a passport valid for international travel and a visa is required for travel to China and Australia. Generally speaking, U.S. citizens need a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond completion of the tour for international travel and have 1-2 blank pages remaining. It is the Guest’s sole responsibility to have the correct documentation for all travel. Please allow sufficient time to have applications processed if applying for a new passport or renewing an expired passport – refer to www.state.gov for further details or the applicable foreign consulate. Please see the destination-specific FAQs for more information regarding the exact travel documentation needed for each itinerary.
Cancellations can be made by telephone or in writing. The time of cancellation will be the date upon which Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc., receives notice. If the Adventure Travel Agreement is not completed and returned no later than 14 calendar days after booking, it will be deemed a cancellation by the Guest. If there are changes made to the vacation commencement date or chosen vacation, it will be deemed a cancellation by the Guest.
Upon cancellation, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded. Regardless of the date booked, deposits of $300 are refundable for 14 calendar days after booking. Notification must be received for cancellations within this 14 calendar day period. For cancellations after this period, the following cancellation fees, calculated in calendar days prior to vacation start date, will apply:
- 90 days or more: $300 per person
- 60-89 days: 25% of the land package price
- 30-59 days: 50% of the land package price
- 0-29 days: 100% of the land package price
- No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by the Guest after the vacation start date.
The cancellation terms above apply only to the land package price and exclude, among other things, cancellation charges from air carriers. It is strongly recommended that Guests purchase the Vacation Protection Plan as a precaution. Please ask your travel consultant for details.
Adventures by Disney reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an adventure at any time for any reason, such as if there are too few Guests or if the quality of the trip or the safety of the Guests would, in Disney's opinion, be compromised, such as may result from unforeseen circumstances (acts of God) or other circumstances beyond Adventures by Disney's control.
- If air is purchased through Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc., Disney will attempt to re-book for another departure of the same adventure during the same season, subject to availability, and Disney will bear any resulting airline re-booking charges. If unable to re-book on another departure, a full refund of all payments that had been made to Disney for the canceled adventure will be issued, including land package, airfare and Vacation Protection Plan (unless you have filed a claim), which refund shall constitute a full settlement.
- If air is not purchased through Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc., and Disney cancels an adventure prior to its scheduled start date, Disney will attempt to re-book for another departure of the same adventure during the same season, subject to availability; however, the Guest will bear any resulting airline re-booking charges. If unable to re-book on another departure, Disney's sole obligation is to refund payment received for the land portion and Vacation Protection Plan (unless you have filed a claim), which refund shall constitute a full settlement. Disney assumes no responsibility for any losses incurred by you on account of non-refundable air tickets or otherwise.
Yes. The purchase of Vacation Protection Plan is strongly reccommended. Please contact your travel consultant for more information or to request a copy of the Plan policy.
Air transportation can be purchased from Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc., to and from the Guest home airport in accordance with the scheduled vacation dates and to coordinate with the adventure itinerary. As an added benefit, some flights offered do not need to be paid for immediately, unlike most published fares. Please ask for details.
Yes. Before reserving flights, please refer to the reservation confirmation for flight guidelines. Adventures by Disney is not responsible for airline change fees, extra fees incurred or for missed activities due to flights which are booked outside of the established guidelines. For air travel not purchased by Disney, the Guest is solely responsible for providing notification of flight changes affecting arrival or Adventures by Disney will not be able to meet the Guest at the specified arrival airport. Please contact us prior to purchasing airline tickets if there are any questions.
While children ages 4 and up at the time of travel are welcome to discover the stories of the world with Adventures by Disney, a recommended minimum age based on several factors for each of our adventures has been established. Because each child is different, please refer to the destinations-specific FAQs or call to discuss which trip will be most fun and rewarding. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Itineraries identified as 'Adult Only' are restricted to Guests 18 years and older at time of travel.
Yes, certain activities (for example, horseback-riding and ziplining) have age, height, weight and/or other restrictions. Please see description highlights of each land package in the Daily Itinerary and destination-specific FAQs or contact us for further details.
While it is a nice gesture to greet local people in their native language, it is not essential as the Adventure Guides and/or local experts will normally be able to assist. All adventures are conducted in English.
Certain activities on select itineraries will present challenges that may not be suitable for Guests with disabilities or special needs. Many adventures involve considerable walking, and depending on the destination, may include walking on uneven sidewalks and streets, narrow passages, and steep stairs and inclines. Adventures by Disney strongly recommends that Guests requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance. Neither Adventures by Disney nor our suppliers may physically lift or assist Guests onto transportation vehicles or otherwise. Please contact us to discuss specific needs.
The recommendation is to pack lightly! Many guests find they pack too many clothes and personal items. Each guest is restricted to one checked bag and one personal item plus one small bag per ticketed person, as specified by each air carrier. With frequent security changes, Guests should check with their air carrier as well as the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) website www.tsa.gov for current restrictions.
Hotel rooms vary from country to country as well as from hotel to hotel within an adventure. Most hotel rooms outside of the United States tend to be smaller than the U.S. standard. In many locations, amenities such as irons and ironing boards, coffee makers, and alarm clocks are either not allowed due to local laws or are simply not standard. Air conditioning systems in international hotels rooms are generally not as robust as those in the U.S. While Disney seeks to choose hotels that will feel the most familiar, this is not always possible. Standard rooms in most European hotels are comprised of two standard-sized double beds (or a king upon request); queen-sized beds are generally not available. In many European hotels, local codes prohibit four-person occupancy in one standard-size room. We regret that it is not possible to upgrade accommodations included in the land package. Please either contact your travel consultant for detailed information or see the Rates section of each itinerary for detailed information on the accommodations.
Some countries on Adventures by Disney vacations have specific entry requirements for children under 17 who are traveling internationally without both parents. Usually, a notarized letter, signed by the parent or parents not traveling with the child and stating the child's name, adult guardian's name, itinerary, dates of travel, and flight information, is required. To ensure smooth travel, Adventures by Disney requires all travelers to comply with the regulations for the country being visited. This information is available from each country's consulate. Adventures by Disney is not responsible for the disruption of travel caused by improper documentation for any travelers, including children traveling without both parents. For specific documentation requirements visit www.state.gov or the applicable foreign consulate.
In general, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States do not require vaccinations to travel to any of Adventures by Disney destinations. For the Adventures by Disney vacation to China and Germany, for U.S. citizens arriving from an area that might be infected with Yellow Fever, an International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever is required within 5 days - otherwise no vaccinations are required for U.S. citizens. If not a U.S. citizen, please check the local requirements of vaccinations for travel.
If a Guest extends their vacation for any Adventures by Disney itinerary, they are advised to consult www.cdc.gov or their physician for vaccinations or other medical precautions.
Adventures by Disney will make a reasonable effort to accommodate some special dietary needs at no additional charge. Unfortunately, some special dietry needs requested may not be able to be accommodated. Please contact your travel consultant in advance of departure to advise of any needs.
Typically, breakfast is served buffet style. Dinners and lunches usually include fish, meat, and pasta or rice entrées, vegetables along with salad, cheese, desserts and fruit. Given the nature of group travel, á la carte menu choices are usually not available. Children-friendly choices are available at all meals. Menu items are subject to change due to the availability and seasonality of foods. In order to offer a bit of time for guests to enjoy meals amongst themselves, there are a few meals that are not included in the itinerary. These meals have been planned in locations where there will be plenty of options available. If there are questions or concerns about dining during the vacation, the Adventure Guides will be happy to assist.
All Adventures by Disney vacations are non-smoking. However, there will be opportunities for stops and ample "on-your-own time", allowing the opportunity to smoke if desired. It is asked that smokers be considerate of the non-smokers around them. Requests for smoking/non-smoking rooms cannot be guaranteed. Please note that due to either local laws or historic preservation codes, many itineraries include hotels that are non-smoking in all rooms as well as public spaces.
Yes! Cultural differences vary from country to country and regionally within each country. While the Adventure Guides will assist in engaging the group in some of the more banal differences such as drinking coffee after dessert or calling everyone "mate" in Australia, following is a list that may be more material in making a destination choice. Please be cognizant of cultural differences that include but are not limited to:
- Late-night adult content is often on some television stations
- Topless sunbathing is quite common in Europe-especially in Mediterranean countries
- Public advertising (television, billboards, street posters) may include nudity
- English is not necessarily as widely spoken as some would believe. While most front-desk hotel staff speak English, restaurant servers, drivers, and porters will often speak limited English. Generally, English is more widely spoken in the more heavily-tourist locales. Regardless, Adventure Guides and local experts can assist in most situations.
Adventures by Disney has taken care of certain tips and gratuities for all included meals and activities such as tips for porters, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers, local experts, and dining room staff for included meals.
However, during "on your own" dining times at restaurants in a foreign country, a gratuity is usually included in the bill. If exceptional service is received, Guests may leave an additional gratuity - many choose to simply "round up." If there are any questions, Adventures Guides should be able to assist.
Gratuities for Adventures Guides are not included and are customarily given at Guest discretion. If a Guest feels the Adventure Guides have provided excellent service, the following gratuity is suggested: Per Guest/Per Adventure guide/Per Day - $5-$8 USD.
- For a 7-day adventure, the Adventure Guide gratuity per guest, per Adventure Guide: $35-$56 USD.
- For a family of 4 for a 7-day adventure: $140-$224 USD per Adventure Guide. For 2 Guides, this is a total of: $280-$448 USD.
Adventure Guides accept local currency, U.S. dollars, and travelers' checks.