Quito, Otavalo Valley and The Galapagos Islands
There are some places in the world that have a story all their own. Standing on the equator in sight of a snow-capped volcano. Living an authentic Andean life on a 400-year-old hacienda. Stargazing from your shipboard home in the middle of the South Pacific. Hiking and snorkeling with wild creatures so rare, they only exist one place in the world. From high Andean fields to the Galapagos Island’s clear blue depths, you’ll live the stories of these magical places-collecting vivid family memories with every step.
9 Days/ 8 Nights
Accommodations & Meals
JW Marriott - Night 1
Hacienda Cusín - Nights 2, 3
Galapagos Explorer II Ship - Nights 4, 5, 6, 7
JW Marriott - Night 8
- Experience the Andean Way of Life - Be immersed with rich culture by whirling folk dancers and local flute maker. Learn weaving techniques from local experts at a renowned cultural center.
- 4-night Cruise Aboard the Galapagos Explorer II Ship - Your expedition to the islands of Santa Cruz, Santiago, Genovesa and North Seymour will be on the Galapagos Explorer II. Be treated to a private, story-filled stargazing session that gives you the rare opportunity to view the constellations from both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
- Hiking and Snorkeling in the Galapagos Islands – Submerge yourself in underwater worlds by hiking across the islands of the Archipelago. You will come across unique animal life – like pink flamingos, blue-footed boobies, sea turtles, giant tortoises, red frigate birds, iguanas, penguins, sea lions and other incredible creatures.
- Visit the “center of the Earth” – Quitsato Equator Sundial – Visit this enormous sundail located at the center of the world. Sitting precisely on the equator, the sundial marks not just the location but the cultural identity of Ecuador.
- Cooking Lessons in Ecuador - Discover the deliciousness of Ecuadorian treats-like ice cream, empanadas and fried bananas – made at the Hacienda Cusin, the 17th-century Andean estate which will be your home for 2 nights.
- Contact your Magic Maker® for a complete itinerary.
2013 - Jan 29
*This is the range of prices for this trip. Prices vary within these ranges based on when you book and when you travel, and are subject to change without notice. All prices are in U.S. dollars. Airfare to and from the destination is not included in the land package prices.
Age Requirements: Minimum age 7, Recommended age 8+