Cape Town, The Garden Route and Kapama Game Reserve
Imagine riding in a safari jeep as a skilled tracker leads you through one of the most stunning and diverse game reserves in all of Africa, or learning age-old survival secrets of the wild on a ranger-lead Bushwalk. Exploring cosmopolitan Cape Town, perched on the edge of the Indian Ocean, with bustling markets, a lively waterfront and sumptuous food. Discovering beautiful Boulder Beach, then meeting African penguins in their natural habitat. Conclude your grand adventure with a celebration under the stars featuring traditional cuisine, drumming, dancing and singing. You will leave Africa saying that this trip was one of the most extraordinary experiences on the planet.
10 Days/ 9 Nights
Accommodations & Meals
The Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town - Nights 1, 2, 3, 4
Protea Hotel Knysna Quays - Nights 5, 6
Kapama River Lodge - Nights 7, 8, 9
9 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- 3-Day Safari at the Kapama Game Reserve - Take a private expedition aboard a jeep into the bush country in search of the “Big 5″: lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and cape buffaloes.
- Dine with Elephants at Knysna Elephant Park - Dine surrounded by a herd of elephants in the forest setting of Knysna Elephant Park!
- Experience Capetown - In beautiful Capetown, take a cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain for a privately guided hike. Then, descend back into town for a visit to the District Six Museum for a moving interactive experience focused on South Africa’s contemporary history.
- Cape of Good Hope and African Penguins - Take in the soaring views at the southern tip of the African continent at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, where the Atlantic meets the Indian Ocean. Following lunch on the oceanfront of Simon’s Town, enjoy a walk to a sandy cove whose most famous residents are the enormously charming African penguins.
- Cooking Class and Wine Tasting - Participate a hands-on Afrikaans Pastry cooking lesson in Stellenbosch – the heart and soul of Cape Dutch wine country. Then make your way to the award-winning Spier Winery and its historic estate. Adults indulge in wine tasting while the Junior Adventurers enjoy a lesson in the ancient art of falconry.
- Contact your Magic Maker® for a complete itinerary.
2013 - Feb 17
*This is the range of prices for this trip. Prices vary within these ranges based on when you book and when you travel, and are subject to change without notice. All prices are in U.S. dollars. Airfare to and from the destination is not included in the land package prices.
Age Requirements: Minimum age 6, Recommended age 8+