It was recently announced that 2013 will be the year of “Limited Time Magic” at the Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort! To announce next year’s program, Disney Parks unveiled a three-story fairytale castle made of 45,000 pounds of ice in the heart of Times Square.
52 weeks of magical experiences will await guests on both coasts. The experiences are only available for a limited time though, appearing and then disappearing as the next special surprise debuts.
So what will these “Limited Time Magic” experiences be? While Disney Parks hasn’t released all the details, here are a few samples of planned events:
- True Love: Lovebirds will enjoy this celebration of romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week. The iconic castles of the Magic Kingdom® Park and Disneyland® Park will be bathed in hues of red and pink while Disney Princes join their Princesses for special meet and greets. Select dining locations will offer prix fixe menus and Valentine collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party for an entire week. Mickey Mouse will make appearances in his patriotic finest, guests will find special USA limited-edition souvenirs, and the castles on both coasts will be bathed in red, white, and blue.
- Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters emerge from the shadows to participate in meet-and-greets on both coasts. Disney guests will have the chance to vote online to select which “long lost friends” they would like to see – like Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
- Pirate Week: Celebrate everyone’s favorite scalawags all week long! Expect a real bi-coastal buccaneer bash complete with pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Main Street, U.S.A.’s® iconic quartet, the Dapper Dans, have a true following the in the Magic Kingdom® Park and Disneyland® Park. But what happens when America’s “Original Boy Band” meets today’s boy bands? Enjoy a week of the Dapper Dans performing a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 can’t be overlooked, so prepare for a special celebration on Sept. 13. Disneyland® Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will stay open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Many of your favorite Disney Villains have already RSVP’d for the event, will you DARE to be there?
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland® show returns to Disneyland® Park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.