Every runner is aware of the preparation needed to compete in a race. You can’t just lace up your shoes and go run a marathon! You have months worth of preparation to make sure you are conditioned both mentally and physically and have everything you need to compete.
With runDisney races, that preparation starts with registering for your event. Because these events are so incredibly popular, it’s not uncommon for some races to sell out within hours of registration opening! Your window of opportunity to register for these events can be small, so we have a few tips for you to make it as pain-free as possible.
- View our listing of upcoming runDisney events and note the registration date and time for the race you are interested in.
- Because registration requires an active.com account, we suggest you visit the site before registration opens and create one if needed.
- Because the registration process asks some personal details, it’s easiest for you to fill out the form for yourself. Even if you are participating as a group, it’s best (and quickest) for each of you to register on your own.
- On registration day, keep an eye on runDisney’s twitter account (@runDisney) for the registration link to be posted as soon as registration opens. This will be your quickest way to access the registration form.
- If you’re lucky enough to make it right into the queue, you only have 15 minutes to complete your registration before your spot is given up to another person. If you receive an “on hold” message, the queue is full but continue to check back as spots may still open up.
After you receive your registration confirmation, then you can focus on your race preparations and let our expert Magic Makers® handle all the rest of your planning!